Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving in the States

It sure is nice to be in the states again. My new housing situation is absolutely wonderful. This year's plan was to study for the Basic Clinic Skills Exam (BCSE) which I take on Dec 8th. Therefore, I am not driving to Texas like I'd hoped. Instead, Sean wanted me to meet his Mema so we headed that way for lunch. She's a very sweet and funny ~80 yr old French lady. I made tarts and she dropped part of one in Pop's (her husband's) lap... then dove down for it under the table. Everyone jumped up to grab her. The setting was quite informal and most ate on the couch, but the food was very very good (she's French!).

Then we rushed home to take our turkey out of the oven, for we had invited my mother, brother, and Susie up for dinner. Sean went all out on the turkey-- absolutely amazing! He stuffed it with celery, pears, mushrooms, and onions, then wrapped the turkey in maple bacon. He had soaked cheesecloth in butter, which he then wrapped the turkey with again. Finally, we put the turkey in an oven bag and baked it. OMG, the juiciest best tasting turkey I've ever had. Hats off to the chef. He'd also made mashed potatoes (from scratch), stuffing, salad, and I made green bean casserole. Mom made broccoli cheese casserole. What a sweet guy for going to so much trouble to make everything perfect for Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for:

  • Heat
  • Electricity (still quite important)
  • Being back in the states
  • Water that doesn't make my vomit
  • And being happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is good to be in the USA! Even if it is Oklahoma. Stay warm. Keep up the good work. I miss you Dad