Saturday, June 2, 2007

Raining Mangos

Outside our cafeteria is a huge mango tree. It's had green mangos on it for the past month or two with a few becoming ripe at a time. Now it still looks the same with the green mangos on the tree, but every morning the tables, benches, and cement of the exterior cafeteria eating area is pelted with bright yellow mangos like it magically rained red and yellow.

The tangy aroma of mango flavoring permeates the air so that half the school smells of mango. There are enough mangos that every student and staff can take handfuls home every day. Some students have taken to feeding the island tortoises, who happen to love mangos.

For me, I intend to take my clutch of mangos home and either make some type of ethanol added slurry drink or eat them cooked or raw with a meal of chicken. I have not decided as of yet.

Ate some mangos... WOW. These are THE best mangos I've ever had in my life! I had 3 last night and 4 this morning. Let's hope they don't bring the funky jungle rash back.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

OMG I love reading your blog. It's not as nice as having you here, though. Sorry I haven't emailed or written, you-know-who is keeping me very, very busy. Miss you!