Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Return of the Passport

I have my passport back! I'm now able to flee this country if I want to. (ie I can ISLAND HOP!!!) Unfortunately my limited financial resources and moral guide prohibit me from doing so. For those of you who didn't know, Ross collected our passports and $100US when we arrived to keep us from escaping! So, it's so cool, I'm OFFICALLY an 'international student.' That seems so wierd. I have a real 'student visa' just like... all my international friends back home must have. I still feel like I'm in the states though... just in a friendlier, more tropical version with cheap boo's and conch soup.

So that's the good part of my day; the bad part was I missed 5 questions (of 40) on my Nutrition test. I'm so pissed, I want the key. I so did not just make a B. Rumors circulating says that he posted the key and it says that one of the Q's pertaining to Vit A is 'green & yellow' and I put 'green & orange' because beta-carotine is found in alfalfa and carrots. (Other choices were 'green & red' and 'red & yellow.') B-carotine / 2 => retinol ~ Vit A. What's worse is that he specifically said "green to yellow-orange" and gave us examples of each: green= clover/alfalfa, yellow= fat/flowers, orange= carrots, red= tomatoes. So what does that mean?! Carotenoids are found in almost everything and can even be blue. I could just be going nuts due to rumors, and didn't miss the Q.

I have a WEB-CAM too. It's only take me a week or two to figure it out, but it works. It so reminds me of Star Trek when they could see each other and talk at the same time. It's so much better that a telephone!!!

Arnie's otters are hiding this week too. Due to the construction (the habitat destruction) in College Station with new roads, a new center, and a new golf course going in, the neighborhood otters moved into my pond. How cool!? Arnie said it looked like a big one and a little one… but HUGE. The small one is probably ~35 lbs and the big one twice that. I haven't seen the male otter in a while, but he was a monster and bigger than my 80 lb dog! This is not normal for an American River Otter (20-30 lbs), but they are not beavers, badgers, coyotes, wolves, dogs, cats, bears, nutria, hares, Mexican jaguars, bobcat, ocelot, raccoons, chupracabra, or what ever else in North America I can think of. There were beavers at one point several years ago, that ate 4 trees then moved to a better pond. Wish I had picts, but at least now I have several eyewitnesses (which means I'm not crazy).

No comments: