Monday, February 18, 2008

Fire!

Last night there was a huge fire in the cane fields. (Sugar Cane.) There are a lot of fires on island because the cane market was replaced by sugar beets, so the island can no longer make a profit. I've had a headache all day so after school I went home to take a nap. When I woke up the entire mountain behind me was on fire!!! A huge ring of fire! It looked exactly like one would imagine Hell. So cool! Sugar cane grows to be 8-12 ft tall, so imagine the flames! It sounded like crackling like popcorn and smelled like cotton candy. I ran up to my friends' apts up there and we all gathered to watch the cane fields burn... and pack their stuff in case their houses burned down. Two hours later I decided to run home and get my camera. Here is video of the fire (although it is much less impressive than the acutal fire).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you have any damage? Dad