Monday, October 8, 2007

Week of Walking Dogs

I was expecting a visitor last week thru the end of the month. I signed up to walk dogs am and pm this week because I thought I would have had help. We're each required to walk the clinic dogs for one week. Conveniently, I also have 2 exams and a presentation this week. So nice to be stood up and have my life even more complicated. Oh well.

There's a lot of construction on campus. I think they're putting some new buildings in, but they don't tell us these things. This however means that there is no way that Ross will be accredited by the AVMA any time soon. I think I'm going to try to transfer into 3rd year at a state school after my 5th semester. That will be next fall. We shall see how that goes.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Call me to discuss this.

Karla Turbyfill said...

There’s really nothing to discus. The AVMA put UC Davis on limited accreditation with construction like this. If that’s possible with one of the top 3 vet schools in the US, then Ross won’t get accredited. A&M just had their accreditation inspection (which they emailed out to everyone), but Ross was not interested. I tried to become a SAVMA (same as SCAVMA, but again, not an official student chapter because we’re not accredited), but I wasn’t picked.

Graduating from here I’ll have to take the PAVE, which costs several hundred, and the ECFVG, which is $6500. Not to mention there are 91 people in my class now, which is more than most state schools. There is no molecular research and no plans for it here, another reason Ross will not be granted AVMA accreditation. This means the best thing for my career would be to transfer to the states.