Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Frogger

I've been trying to clean my [very messy] apartment, the patio, and the pool. Internet, again, is patchy. Thought I'd share this miniature version of the Loch Ness Monster: Frogger al la Fungus.

Ah, but he died happy!
If you click on him (above) you can see his big froggy smile!

He's about an inch long. Typically they live in the two ponds, but somehow this guy ended up in my pool. I don't know if he drowned or if the bleach [that I poured in] got to him. He was completely surrounded in this really weird mold. Scored a 9 out of 10 of my really gross things meter... that's below the horse shit I chunked in my little brother's mouth as a kid, and above checking my vet school buddies for worms (barely)... only because I was swimming with the croaker for an hour before it floated over to me.

The most exciting event over break has been a wire transfer gone wrong. Several grand (US, not EC aka monopoly money) ended up in Scotia Barbados, rather than Scotia St. Kitts. Oopse, wrong off-shore account! Was a big problem since my landlord needed rent!!!

Otherwise break has been pretty good. Jossie moved in above me. Her mom is in town so I get to tease Jossie! Yesterday I spent the day at the beach. BBC's are my new favorite drink: Bailey's Irish Cream, Banana something, and Coconut Cream. Fabulous. I went to Carabella's Batik and Brimstone Fort today ($5EC to get in, what a steal!). Still scared of heights though! Everyone laughed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the song says, it ain't easy being green.

E.

Anonymous said...

Back to when St.Kitts was French........ah Frog legs, frying will kill most anything.