Friday, May 16, 2008

Feeling Icky

Jossie got me sick. I have something... a bad cold (the plague). Left school early today.

I think I could have stuck it out if we'd had lunch rather than a make-up lecture. Class started at 11am, then we're supposed to get noon to 1pm off before finishing up at 5pm. Instead we had Epidemiology at noon so I had no lunch!

Oh but I tried! The local hut had potatoes instead of macaroni and cheese. Domino's was out of pizza and chicken kickers (boneless hot wings). So then I borrowed an extra $10 to go to the Snack Shack to get the totally over priced chicken caesar salad ($18EC), but they were out too!

In the 10 minute hustle I ran (sped) home and grabbed some fruit slushy from the freezer and ate it during Epi. Oh wow. Did I mention I add an entire bottle of rum to my slushies? I do! I lasted all the way through Epi and halfway through Clinical Pathology. By then (at 2pm) I was completely soused and in great need of a nap.

This being week 2 and all, we are confined to the classroom until 5pm (even on a Friday!) much to the disdain of the professors (who would prefer to get out earlier like the rest of us). So, starving to death, I stumbled toward my car, of course passing by a professor whose class I was about to miss!

He knew I'd been sick, and I think he saw me begging my fellow classmates (ie Jossie) for money cuz I was too lazy to walk to the top of campus (6 flights of stairs) and get money legitimately out of the ATM. I confessed to him that I was terribly ill and boldly asked for my homework in advance. He was pleased that I chose to tell him that I was going to skip his class, um I mean go home sick, rather than be a no show. (I left out the adult beverage part.)

He complained about class getting out at 5pm on a Friday and how that just isn't right. I agreed, but am a bit unfeeling because we do start at near noon. I also told him (as I hacked up my lungs) that Jossie had infected me with the plague; he had noticed her absence earlier in the week.

I stumbled the rest of the way to my car and drove home. Once home I gorged myself on wonderful, thick, chunky, homemade spaghetti that I'd made earlier in the week and then passed out. To make up for missing class, I took my conch soup (from the Chicken Lady) to school and studied into the night.

No comments: