Monday, May 5, 2008

Fourth Semester Makes a Year

What a rough day! Class started at 9am today! It's so early. Tuesdays are more reasonable, with class beginning at 1pm. Wednesday thru Friday is so-so because the day begins at 11am, but at least we have a hour break at noon to recover. It's not all fun and games-- we don't get out until 5pm (weeks 1, 2, 5-10)... but the rest of the time our escape is at 3pm. Yes, a rough life.

Did I mention it was summer? With the blazing heat (freakin' perfect weather), I've come to making adult modified fruit beverages with the Margarator. I keep chlorine in the pool now too (keeps the frongs from growing slime). What a fabulous little yard I have.

I've been at Ross over a year now. This marks my 4th semester (of 7 on island) which is the equivalent of finishing up my 2nd year.

Already 1/3 of my class (of 86) has failed and either left island or were allowed to repeat. I think with repeaters we have about 68 in our class now. New incoming classes are 125+ and there is just no space to put them. On recollection (over the past year), the school was great at the beginning, but I'm really getting frustrated with the school politics and the huge class sizes.

I return to the states in Aug 2009. Mom says I sound like I'm in prison counting the days until my release, but it's not that bad. It's cuz I want to buy a zippy little red sports car!