Thursday, June 19, 2008

Response from the Big Bad Wolf

Here’s the Big Bad Wolf (ie Salty). She looks really threatening.

Mama pig (a.k.a. Patches, a.k.a. SQUEAK!) has been leaving the dog to pi sit for her. Yes, Salty, the dog. The monkey killing dog. The dog that bit her previous foster mom. The dog that beats up all other dogs ('cept Rudder cuz he's bigger and sits on her).

I'm so amused. Patches just crawls over Salty then runs over to my fridge. Jossie has termed the sound the fridge door makes as it opens as the "universal guinea pig call." It works every time! She puts her two little hands up on the lip of the fridge and squeak squeak squeaks for some yummy fruit treat. Pretty soon I'm going to have 4 pigs in my fridge begging!

I decided to name the tri colored baby "Hog" even though no one voted for it.

Just kidding, I really don't care what they're named, so my new little handsome will be "Squeaker." He's getting cuter by the day. He's the little stinker at the green food bowl.

On occasion, Patches will lead her brood out to wander (poop in) the apartment. She also makes a V line for my front door whenever I open it. She's been doing a great job eating my weeds.


Salty doesn't mind when Patches is gone because the babies are so fun to watch! One of them walked up and bit her back toe, but Salty didn't move a muscle! It's like they're her babies! When they separate and get lost, Satly freaks out and tries to get them back together. When the cat mistakes them for tail-less rats, Salty transforms into a monster. She's even snipped at Rudder for getting too close to them.

The piglets are getting old enough now that I let Salty watch them during the day. I can't believe she hasn't eaten one yet, although I don't see much meat on them.

Pig roast for one, any takers?

No comments: