Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Three Little Pigs!

Mother Pig sends her three little piglets out into the world to "seek their fortune."

The first pig builds a house of straw. One day the big bad wolf came and knocks on the first little pig's door and said, "Little pig, little pig, let me come in." And the little pig answered, "No, no, I won't let you come in, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin." "Well," said the wolf, "then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in." So he huffed and he puffed and he blew the house down and swallowed the first pig (or the first little pig ran to the second little pig's house depending on the version you go by).

The second pig builds a house of sticks. The big bad wolf came and knocks on the second little pig's door and said, "Little pig, little pig, let me come in." And the little pig answered, "No, no, I won't let you come in, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin." "Well," said the wolf, "then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in." So he huffed and he puffed and he blew the house down and swallowed the second pig (or the first and second little pigs run to the third little pig's house, again, depending on the version) .

The third pig builds a house of bricks. The big bad wolf came and knocks on the third little pig's door and said, "Little pig, little pig, let me come in." And the little pig answered, "No, no, I won't let you come in, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin." "Well," said the wolf, "then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in." So he huffed and he puffed but he couldn't blow the thrid little pig's house down.

So he attempts to trick the third little pig out of his house, but the pig outsmarts him at every turn. Finally, the wolf threatens to come down the chimney, whereupon the third little pig boils a pot of water into which the wolf plunges.

The End.

(3 Little Pig Story from Wiki)


Patches, around 6pm today, had three little pigs! They are too cute! One looks just like Patches too! Two are mostly black, but have her white blaze. (You can hear Patches squeek and Jossie talking in the background.) They are one hour old here.



So what pray tell does one do with so many piglets? A pig roast! What?! Well my grill is too small for a normal sized pig, which is why there are guinea pigs!

(Just kidding!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, if you ever lose interest in this vet school hobby, you could probably have a career as a writer.

E

Karla Turbyfill said...

Are you kidding? I’m a terrible writer! Time is ticking on my “vet school hobby” in one of those survey things… 367 days until I’m off the Rock.

I suppose if I did lose interest, I could always torture myself further with Masters in Avian Medicine or PhD in Avian Infectious Diseases (see UGA link)… or or or I could do what everyone else does and get a M-R-S degree! (Ha that’ll never happen!)

The little GP's are totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

Of course, I was only joking about it being a hobby. Nobody devotes this much time and sacrifices so much unless they're serious about what they are doing.

Only a year and two days until you'll be back in the States? Any idea where you'll end up?

Karla Turbyfill said...

A hobby or a mental pathology? I’ll probably end up in the loony bin! ;D

Anonymous said...

So...What did you get on your midterm?

Karla Turbyfill said...

Passed Pharm, but didn't get the grade I wanted (I was expecting a B+). Poultry grade won't be posted until next week, but I'm sure I got an A.

Karla Turbyfill said...

Dang, I had the date wrong on one of my polls. Over 420 days til I leave. Knew 367 days sounded odd since I leave Aug 2009. How did no one notice?!