Saturday, August 9, 2008

Twas the weekend before finals...

And my landlord's brother just came by with a tax/building inspector to look at our apartments without notice. Riiight. Any other weekend would have been fine, but they decided this would throw us off the most. I'm at home, studying, only because I couldn't brave the frigid cold of the library any longer! One other girl in my apt came home for a quick bite of lunch. She and I looked at each other, then looked at them, and with an incredulous chuckle, we, in unison, declined. Besides, they’d have to come back to see the other apartments anyway.

Meanwhile, I’ve been tackling a long list of poisonous plants for Ross’s Toxic Plant Garden with quite a bit of success. With only a bit more than a handful left to go, I’ve been able to secure scary things like Poison Hemlock, Belladonna, Henbane, and Foxglove, along with the not so scary Tiger Lily, St John’s Wart, and lucky Four Leaf Clovers. In my search, I met a very nice lady on ebay who rescues herding dogs and shows Chinese Cresteds. She and a friend of hers are going out of their way to help locate the remaining plants I need, like the nut of a Tung Oil Tree. (As if I wasn’t nuts already!)

I also decided that I needed to invest in some Gladiola bulbs as a present to myself, so I ordered 50 pastel pink and 50 lavender-blue. The gardening should keep me plenty entertained over the next few weeks of break until the next semester starts on September 1st. Until then, I really should unplug my ever so distracting internet so I can continue to cram for finals!

Already taken --> Epidemiology and Poultry
Monday --> Clinical Pathology
Tuesday --> Pharmacology 2
Wednesday --> Pathology 2
Thursday --> FUN FUN FUN!!!

No comments: