Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat?

Look what the cat dragged in (literally):






Several mice, two bats, and a dove. At this point, I’ve lost count with the number of mice he’s killed. At least one or two a week since I kicked him outside. Mango decided to dismantle one bat in my bathroom, leaving blood everywhere.

He darted past me with the dove, toward the bathroom, and I, erroneously thinking it was another bat, ran after him. The dove fluttered, slammed into my bathroom wall, he caught it and disappeared with it under my bed. I had to clobber him with the broom, and then bribe him with a can of cat food to remove the poor bird from his grip. Miraculously, the dove did not appear to be physically injured. I let it recuperate for a few hours then walked a few blocks to release it.

I don’t know what it is about orange cats, but I’m sure glad he only weighs 12 pounds. If he weighed 50 or more, he’d be a danger to people! My little Mango monster.

To get him back (not really), I brought him to school for our diagnostic imaging ultrasound lab. He was perfect, but part of that may have been because he was hiding from the probe under a towel. I think his left ventricle looks slightly enlarged in accordance with early stage Feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I’m probably paranoid though, and since there’s no way to really fix it, I’m not going to worry just yet.

He’s such a good cat.

No comments: