Saturday, March 14, 2009

Goat #7

I'm now definitely known as the goat girl. A girl in 7th semester called me up to tell me she found a baby goat. (To which I responded, super.) It was attacked by dogs or hit by a car or some sob story, and since she didn't have a car, she asked me if I could pick them both up (and maybe watch the goat).

So I went to pick them up, and brought them home, cuz I'm a big sucker. The goat appeared to be about 4-5 months old, so wouldn't need to be bottled. Her front left leg was totally dangling, and we couldn't tell if it was nerve damage or broken. We made the decision to call the agricultural vet here on island (since if we didn't report it, we would be stealing). He told us to meet him at his office.

He decided it's leg was just dislocated, then handed us some vet wrap to tie up the leg. We put it in a pen for his assistant to pick up later, so it wouldn't have to live at my house for the next 6-8 weeks. Problem averted!

No comments: