Monday, May 7, 2007

My First Day of School...


All I can think of is, woo-hoo I'm in vet school!!! So far so good. Retrieved 2 out of the 3 text books that I did not receive last week, one left to pick up maybe by Friday, but that's ok because they are HEAVY. Had Nutrition at 8am, and he gave us the wrong note set. At 9 am was Micro Anatomy (Histology) and we were given every note packet for this semester, except today’s! It's a holiday here in St. Kitts, but everything seems like it's smoother than not, and it is pretty here.

Wasn't really hungry for lunch at 11am, but thought I'd buy a can of coke, until it was $3.50EC ($1.30US). Yikes! Physiology at noon was very interesting and combined with the 2nd semester students. Gross anatomy was supposed to be at 1pm, but the room was double booked, and so we started at 2pm. For the next TWO hours I sat through what must have been one of the most boring, although important, lectures. Cranial, caudal, anterior, posterior, dorsal, ventral- I think I've got it. After class I started to check my email at the computer lab, then we were all kicked out (Kittitian holiday). And then, with my two new gigantic books and notes from every class for most of the semester (80lbs) began to trek up the mountain to my house. I had to stop three times before I even got to Ross's front gate. I must have looked like I was struggling because someone stopped and gave me a ride home.

And the good news, my roommate is out of her little spell (PMS) and being sociable again.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Beautiful picture--assume it is from your apt. Be sure to send list of items you need that I can get in a suitcase. Barney escaped from the house yesterday only to venture out into the cold cruel world of outdoors. When I finally found him, he made a b-line for the front door and inside to the food bowl in the kitchen. He's a wiser cat now and I'd say has adjusted nicely to his new home.