Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tor-Tilla the Soup

(pronounced like ‘Atilla the Hun’)

… makes it more fun to eat, like alphabet soup.

I do not believe that I went into detail about the things my parents smuggled on island for me.

And a second note, I got an email on Friday from the mailroom that said I had a piece of MAIL!!! Who ever sent it, THANK YOU and I will try to pick it up tomorrow! (The mail room has been closed the past few times I stopped by. It’d be my luck that it’s junk mail from the states.)

So, what dad smuggled: everything. 14 boxes of Kraft mac’n cheese (minus the 2 I ate over the weekend). All of my spices from home (so glad they evaded customs). The tortilla soup I’m eating now. (Mom took me to the store and we found CILANTRO! But it took 2 grocery stores before we could find cheese, go fig.)

AND a beef roast. Like really a beef roast. Walked it right thru customs with it; they didn’t notice nor care. Didn’t put it on a customs declaration voucher, oh no. There are laws against this for a reason. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: the Foot & Mouth virus spreads 40 miles a day and infects all two-toed critters (cows, sheep, goats, deer). It’s not zoonotic (transmissible to people) like Avian Influenza is, but it shuts trade borders just the same, with equal or greater economic losses. I will happily note, however, that I cooked it and I ate it and I thought it was yummy. No more smuggling meat, fruit, vegetables, or anything that will get me into trouble onto St. Kitts though! Kapeash?!

We finally got to the heart today in class. I have no idea what he was talking about and I don’t have any idea how the blood circulates thru anymore. What he said was so completely backwards and disorganized, I will try my best to strike it from my memory. I know how the heart works, I know the parts, I know the order, I know about the hole in fetal hearts, the shunts, etc. He really made it far more complicated than it should have ever been, and our notes were 18-point font, which is absolutely unreadable. One thing he did have in the notes wasn’t a complete waste, but I will have to find a different professor to show it to me on a live dog (Onion is too quite of a dog to be a good candidate).

And really weird- I’ve broken out in a rash; like within the past hour. Itch itch itch. Haven’t eaten anything or touched anything weird… well, nothing out of the ordinary for me. What’s weird to most isn’t usually so weird to me, so it’s a matter of context. (Good example of this is my pet bread, who creeped my roommate out and now lives in my room.) The rash is all over the backs and sides of my legs… wait I think I figured it out… on my entire abdomen, my elbows, my left thumb, my right palm, and right fingers. Never mind, back to square one. I was thinking it might be something in my comforter like the Island detergent, but I didn’t wash it so it wouldn’t be that… and it’s under my clothes so it really can be that. Beats me, I’ll just scrub off in another shower.

(Wed Morning) Back to normal again.

No comments: