Saturday, May 12, 2007

My New Pet...

I'm growing bread! I think anyway. I got the recipe here: http://www.io.com/~sjohn/sour.htm but I did cheat and add yeast. Wow it's great! It is very active and has bubbled up all the way to the top of the jar and attacked the tv! And it's only an hour old! I think I might eat half of it tonight for dinner. I haven't decided what to name it yet, but it's definitely a him. I can tell because he's quiet and smells like beer.

I pulled the ol' crock pot out. The guy in my Physiology class (with a PhD from Yale) took me to the store today. I bought some leafy green thing I've never seen before, called watercrest, and added that, fresh garlic cloves, the onions from the Vegetable Guy, and misc frying-chicken-parts (the thigh box) to the crock pot. It's taking a long time to cook.

Last night I went to the Chicken Lady who made conch soup. She's a really good cook, like really good. Some of you don't know, but I don't like fish or potatos. Conch is basically a giant ocean snail and if cooked incorrectly is quite rubbery. This soup was good and creamy, not at all fishy, and had lots of interesting vegetables in it. That was $8EC (<$3US).

No comments: