Friday, May 18, 2007

Shanty Town!

Now that my parents are safely on a plane here and can’t check this blog, this is my real back yard (btw, these picts don't due it justice):

There were THREE break-in’s the day we registered for classes, two of which were in my apartment-house-complex. When I arrived, I couldn’t lock my back door OR unlock my front door. AND we had an attempted break-in today on my roommate's back door (campus security is here now). I feel safe though; besides, everything is fixed and I have burglar bars. People here are poor (or crazy) so they steal clothes or computers, not precious vet books and supplies, and there is no violent crime.

This should be an amusing weekend as my parents find out where I live and my 5-minute trek to school. Let’s hope the goats stay off their rental car!

No comments: