Saturday, November 3, 2007

Break-in on Wed night

I have some distressing news.

Some guy broke into the upstairs apartment Wed ~11:30pm. The student's mom was home asleep with the dog in the back bedroom. Neither woke up. The guy stole some money and a cell phone then hid behind the porch and waited for the girl to come home. He demanded money and she said 'no' so he hit her and fled.

What's worse is that I was sitting outside watering the plants the entire time and didn't hear a thing! Salty barked, but I thought she was barking at another gigantic land crab that wandered into the yard.

We're all on high alert but we think it coincided with our landlord moving off island. He left Wed afternoon.

Glad I have Salty. She strikes fear in all the locals.

Here's a pict of my new (super expensive) dress. I saw it back in Aug before break and decided I needed it. It would have been nice to have my head in this pict, but I was talking and had my eyes shut, so not knowing when I'd wear it again, here it is. NO boob comments or I'll remove the pict.

Also this is the pony that is usually tethered out by my house, although I have not seen him lately.

No comments: