Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Car rolled off a cliff at school

Funny story. So I'm driving to school and I pick up this guy in my class that I see walking to school. We finish driving to school and I go to the parking lot, to park, duh.

He gives me flack for parking on a hill, about how the car could roll off a cliff or something, and what not. I'm like "oh come on, that would never happen!" Ross-mobiles, riiight.

So we go to school like normal, THEN (few hours later) whispers go around in class that someone's car rolled off the cliff at school... let me say that again: ROLLED OFF THE CLIFF AT SCHOOL. THE 50 FOOT CLIFF INTO THE OCEAN. Super.

Anyway, one car (not mine thank god), with a defective parking brake, decided to roll off the cliff. Seriously. It rolled out of it's parking spot, over the cliff, to the ocean. Crashed on the rocks below.

Good thing this is Ross and we're prepared for events like these. (Yet we're somehow not prepared for other things?) Apparently we have a car-picker-out-of-ocean machine that was able to pull the car back up the cliff, back into the parking lot.

The car still works too. Amazing.

These picts are courtesy of Midge in my class. They're so great! Capturing the beauty of the Caribbean and the jungle on the car. (Click to enlarge picts, 1st pict especially!!!)

Rolled off a cliff. Could that even happen at another vet school? Colorado perhaps? Oh, I think they drive real cars there. Cliff, hmmm. Only on St. Kitts. At least the weather is nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that one tickled my funny bone, especially the car-picker-out-of-ocean machine! Tooooo funny. Keep posting - love pics! You are so pretty in new dress, but I am partial. Love!
Aunt Shane

Anonymous said...

The real question is, can you calculate how much time it took for the car to hit water and how fast it was going? Finally, you know why you had to get through physics to get into vet school!
E.