Thursday, November 29, 2007

Earthquake

We just had an earthquake! I'm sitting here typing a report for school and my bed started shaking. I thought the dog was itching herself or rubbing on the bed so I hopped off the bed and realized the dog was still outside (I have the door open).

Then I looked and my door was shaking, so I walked out to my living room and my whole bookshelf-tv-stand thing was waving back and forth! THEN I started to get nervous (I do live at the foot of a volcano) and searched for my glasses. By the time I finally found them, the earthquake was way over.

Phones are currently down and I hear there is mass panic island wide (according to the girl that lives upstairs who just got home). The volcano is not currently spewing magma, but if it does, I'm going to high-tail it!

Yet another fun and exciting day in the life of Karla. Remember about this time last semester right before finals there was a hurricane. This might be too much nature for me to handle!

UPDATE from school: Here is some info from the United States Geological Survey regarding the earthquake today at 3:00pm. It was a 7.4 magnitude quake, and the closest island was Martinique. It looks like it happened out in the water. Details here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, baby, didn't I tell you I was going to rock your world?

Earth

Anonymous said...

Your stories need more tigers. Nothing excites a story like tigers.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's gotta be different for a Texas girl!
P.S. you should turn on your facebook wall >:D