Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mango the Mouser

Born on the 19th of September, 2007, I came to my current residence a mere 103 days prior to now.

This captor is worse than the one previously. She continues to brutally toss me outside into the cold, cruel night… sometimes alone! Try as I might to return to safety, two monster mongrels guard the door, often pinning me to the floor!

I’d relocate if I weren’t addicted to the dry nuggets that are kept in the cabinet. The mongrels receive moist, cooked chunks that are far superior in quality to my simple nuggets, no doubt designed to thwart my spirit. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I am occasionally able to sneak a bite of these superior quality provisions.

In an attempt to show the mutts my ferociousness, last week I decapitated a lizard, leaving it at the door for all to see. To my horror, no one noticed, so this week I wanted to try with something larger, a mouse perhaps?

Last night as I waited for my captor to return home, I saw my opportunity: a small mouse scurrying about the garden. I deftly incapacitated him! He was not a hard catch for a professional such as myself. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. My plan was again ruined by my captor, as my mouse was taken from me and dismissively tossed away!

To show my distain I yowled loudly through out the night. Eventually I chose to enter the abode, sans the mongrels, who were patrolling the yard. Starving, I ate my fill of nuggets, then curled up on my place among the covers and legs. I will make another attempt next week, and each week after, if I must, to prove to them that I am a cat!

Ahem, let's make that 2 mice in 2 days! Hear me MEOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mango,
I too was once a prisoner for a few months of your present captor. It was horrifying. When finally I was able to get transfered to a new captor, she forced 'deworming' pills into my mouth. I have nightmares about my time with this horrible person. On the other hand, my new captor is great. He pets me and talks to me like I was a person like him. He even let's me go out on the porch to sit before I get scared and start scratching at the door. Anyway, I hope you are able to make it until one day, you are liberated from this monster, too.

Misty nee' Princess(the gray cat)

Anonymous said...

That's not the half it if! Last week, 2 days before my 6th month birthday, she stuffs me in a bag and gets in the car. I think we're going to the library or something, because she does that from time to time, but OH NO! She takes me to this cold room and several people hold me down and started stabbing me with needles! Eventually, they siphoned all of my pee out thru this huge needle. Ya know, if the had asked me, I could have peed in a cup for them, but that would be logical. Communication people! And they call us animals.