Sunday, May 24, 2009

FOR SALE: 1994 Maroon Mitsubishi Sedan

Welcome to all who are unfamiliar with my blog!

I'm in 7th, so my car will be available at the end of the semester. It's been the absolute BEST car! Never left me stranded, which is SO amazing for a Ross-mobile. If I could put it in my suitcase and take it back to the states, I would.

When I got it, I knew that it had major problems (timing belt was about to go, no power steering, busted CV joint, etc), so the first thing I did was drive to the mechanic and get everything fixed! I'm a bit OCD and my dad is a mechanic himself, so I'm very "in-tune" to proper car care. The following are my expenses in US$ (with receipts):

Purchased 149,965 miles (Sept 2007) $1000 (hey, at least I'm honest)
Car Insurance (Sept 2007) $120
Timing belt, drive belts, engine mounts, tensoner, rack and pinion, air and oil filters (Sept 2007) $620
Recheck for Valve Seals (Oct 2007) $75
Inspection (Jan 2008) $10
Wheel Tax (Jan 2008) $120
Title Change (Jan 2008) $25
2 NEW Tires (May 2008) $160
Car Insurance (Sept 2008) $120
Oil Change (Dec 2008) $65
Tail Light Set (Jan 2009) $112
Inspection (Jan 2009) $10
Wheel Tax (Jan 2009) $120
NEW Battery (March 2009) $118
Brake Fluid (May 2009) $5
2 NEW Tires (May 2009) $110
Oil Change (July 2009) $65
Interior Detailing (July 2009) $15
Total Expenses ~153,600 miles $3075

With gas, I fill up 1x/mo, which gets me 175 miles for $20-50/fill-up (depending on gas prices). The tank can hold ~7gal of gas.

The best things about the car are that it starts reliably, the radiator doesn't leak, it doesn't burn oil, has 4 NEW tires, has a NEW battery, has 4 doors with working crank windows and 3 of the 4 doors lock, the lights work, comes with all sorts or car stuff (2 jacks, gas can, fluids, spare tire, etc) it runs very very well, and can make it over a mountain! I need to have the oil changed soon.

Problems: no A/C, no radio, left front door's handle is "tricky," you can't park on a hill, stalls out when you parallel park (but you just have to turn it back on so it's no biggie), and it's just not a "looker" (but you should not be superficial with a reliable running engine). I'll show you all its quirks.

Anyway, I'm not letting it go until the semester ends in AUGUST because I enjoy having a car (and will have to be on campus at all hours of day and night on a moment's notice). The reason I'm asking $2000 is because it is in excellent working condition, which is not how I purchased it. (He wanted $1500 for it, but it didn't even have power steering then, so I decided that I couldn't do that with the repairs I knew it would need.) If you do decide to buy it, then I'll take ½ of the purchase price as a non-refundable deposit until I hand it over. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That calculates to $1 per mile to use while you were there 2 years!

Mom

mjolnir.babe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter weather[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]5 tage wetter[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]diesem wetter[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter aktuell[/url]