Monday, May 11, 2009

Clinical Placement Request

This is what wrote (max of 50 words):

Cornell has an excellent poultry disease research facility; I intend on becoming a research-oriented poultry veterinarian.

CSU has premiere equine facility, a primary interest.

OSU/TAMU are close to family (Dallas, TX) and my SO (Norman, OK); also have the cheapest horse boarding.

Thank you.

I have no idea where they'll send me. I find out on Friday.

Thank you all for voting! Here are the results from the 27 people who took park in my poll:

Auburn 2 (7%)
Colorado State 6 (22%)
Cornell 8 (29%)
Florida 4 (14%)
Illinois 0 (0%)
Iowa State 0 (0%)
Louisiana State 4 (14%)
Michigan State 0 (0%)
Minnesota 2 (7%)
Missouri 2 (7%)
North Carolina State 5 (18%)
Ohio State 2 (7%)
Oklahoma State 11 (40%)
Oregon State 3 (11%)
U Penn 3 (11%)
Purdue 2 (7%)
Texas A&M 15 (55%)
Tufts 1 (3%)
Virginia Tech 4 (14%)
Washington State 0 (0%)
Wisconsin 0 (0%)

Meanwhile, our rotations started today; my first one was Bovine. Two cows vomited (projectile) all over me. Rest assured, I smell lovely. Still prefer large animals to being trapped in the clinic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cornell will give you the best education for your field. I hope you go there. JRT