Friday, June 12, 2009

Items Lost & Found

To say I had a very busy week is an understatement. I've been in the ER all week and will continue to be here thru Sunday evening. SIX dogs were in with Paraquat poisoning in one day, in addition to the normal hospital case load! One was euthanized yesterday and another is getting worse. Slow suffocation is not a good way to go. Very sad.

We had anesthesia duty for donkey surgery, which by chance, was relatively successful. The other days of the week were filled, with what, I can't remember, but I've been at school >18hrs/day for a while now. No biggie, it's still not as difficult as grad school.

I'm absolutely in love with my sheep. He's #50, but I call him Coconut. It was love at first sight. All the sheepies love me (grain bucket). It surprises me that some of my classmates still haven't figured this out. Oh well, my little Coconut baby come running when he hears me, and that's all that counts.

In my uber busy schedule, I haven'y had time to check my email. Here's a sample of what I recieved today:

Lost cell phone: "I lost my cell phone somewhere today. :( If anyone sees a cell phone lying around....in the grass somewhere or sitting on a pile of donkey poo....it is probably mine."

Missing cat: "None of us have seen her for the past week (which is unusual for her) until a few days ago when she ran off. She looked very sick. We set up a trap to catch her with no luck..."

Lost watch: "I forgot to grab my watch after I took it off to scrub in on Tue's epididectomy. If anyone picked it up please let me know."

Lost and found hoof pick: "Once again I think something has fallen out of my pocket. Hoof pick, red handle, tape on it that says "KN". I also FOUND a red hoof pick in the sheep barn. Let me know if it's yours."

Lost grocery sack: "I lost a white plastic groecery sack with a pair of scrubs, a lab coat, and a pair of pink and white Nike sneakers in it. If anybody has seen it please let me know."

Lost mind: "Lost my mind when I decided to go to vet school 2.5 years ago anyone sees it let me know."

The reply: "I saw it yesterday in the gutter."

I am not alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm absolutely in love with my sheep."

This would definitely not sound right if you were a guy ;)

Hope you are well.

E

Anonymous said...

KAT:

Grass out of control in CS; need a "rent-a-sheep".

Mom