Friday, June 19, 2009

Starr Valley Ranch

I've finally found a place to live in Stillwater!!! I am SO excited! I'll be living in a 2 bed 1 bath mobile home... or was it 3 bed 2 bath? I can't remember, but that's not important anyway! (Google Earth is so awesome!)

What IS important is that it allows dogs! I've found tons of places (well, not quite tons) that would let me keep horses, but when I'm ready to sign they tell me no dogs! I can't exactly get rid of Salty and Rudder (nor would I for a place to live). Anyway, it's been absurd.

I sent Sean up to look at places last weekend. Most were rented by the time he got up there, but there was this one little mobile home (ugly on the outside, fabulous on the inside) on 10 acres about 12 miles from campus. When he was uploading the picts to me of the place, a girl came by (with three horses) and gave the guy a deposit on the place! I was so upset, but things happen for a reason and it wasn't perfect. That place was too secluded and would have made me a little nervous at night.

Well, with the ER week, I had lost valuable time in finding a place. I spent hours calling people this week and finding out that nothing was available. Panic started to set in! I regrouped and called the various barns in town that I'd previously called. One guy called me back and I'd reminded him we'd discussed me wanting to rent a horse pasture since it was looking like I was going to be in an awful little apartment. He asked if I was looking for a place for me or my horses, and I said well, both. Then he told me he had a nice little trailer that just became available!!!

He said it had all appliances, was on a black top road (ie not dirt like the other ones), and had enough room in the yard for the dogs! Then I asked the dreaded question which so many people had said no to, if I could bring them inside? He said sure you can, the back door opens up right out into the yard, so as long as you put up a pen, the dogs can go in and out! Yippee!!! (My goal is to let the dogs stay outside during the day and inside at night.)

Then he told me that he no longer had the 2 acre pasture, but instead he had a 5-6 acre pasture with a barn! (I was nearly jumping up and down at this point!!!) He then added that I would be able to use the arena and round pen too! How perfect! Not that I'll ever have time to ride or anything, but I'm so excited!

Knowing what I know now about finding the perfect place in Stillwater, I told him I'd take it! I'm sending either Sean, a classmate already in Stillwater, or my mother to go look at it today and then have a check in the mail to him on Monday. It's 5 miles from campus and very close to fast food!

No comments: