Monday, June 22, 2009

Mid Semester Break 7

It's my last Mid Semester Break. Usually I'm off trekking up a volcano or lounging on the beach. This time I'll be stuck in the library cramming for the Large Animal Surgery midterm. I've been too busy to study since we've gotten our sheep, donkey, and rotations.

My sheep and donkey are wonderful though. I'm going to try to get pictures of them. I would have gotten them already but we're not allowed to take pictures on campus (on threat of dismissal).

Sheep #50 "Coconut" is a standard Barbados Black Belly ram with a tan body and black legs. He has a splash of white on either side of his body. His favorite past times are eating sheep pellets, eating sugar cane grass, and eating more sheep pellets. He is full of snuggles and love. He knows all of us-- our group consists of two 6th semester students (Shannon and Jean) and two 7th semester students (Vanessa and I). He weighs about 62 lbs in the mornings and is under 1 year of age. He knows his name and comes running when he hears it. I got him a very pretty new blue collar. We're all so attached to him it's so pathetic. He is a fast learner and very good sheep.

Donkey #60 "Jake" is a sweetheart of a Mini? Island Donkey. He always has a good attitude, except when we're about to jab him in the neck with needles for blood. His feet were terrible, so when he was under general anesthesia, Vanessa and I trimmed them. His hooves now look spectacular! He no longer kicks, although he did bite the cr*p out of Vanessa's left shoulder Tuesday. I was able to easily get a catheter in his jugular vein. The fly mask I got him is too small for his big ol' head. He's about 5 years old, has a chocolate fuzzy body with a white nose. He most enjoys eating carrots, eating rice crispies, and eating green grass while being groomed. He has a dark green halter. He's the best donkey in the pasture, and we love him and his long hee-haw ears.

Okay, since I'm obviously not studying right now, I'd better stop writing and force myself to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Braces might help that smile.