Sunday, July 22, 2007

Box of Breasts

It's still raining. It stopped on Friday, after I rewashed my sheets and hung then across my kitchen table to dry. Now I have a wet lab coat and some wet jeans thinking about not drying. At least it's not hot and it's still really pretty outside.

So with the rain, I awoke at ~5am, and got out-out of bed ~7am. Starving to death, I decided to cook misc the frozen chicken parts I had invested in the previous weekend. This box turned out to be a box of breasts (better than the thigh boxes I typically get). I spent about an hour deboning all my breasts and putting the big pieces (pectoralis major) in the crock pot and then I came up with the greatest idea: battering and frying the little pieces (pectoralis minor)!

I borrowed an egg from my roommate, which I paid her back for a few days later, and used the breadcrumbs they sell at the store here! Oh yum yum. It looked good before i tasted it. I dipped it in RANCH! No one eats ranch here; they say it's a Southern/Texas thang. Oh fried chicken tenders dipped in ranch. I can't even describe how wonderful. Best ones I’ve had, ever. I attribute it to the breadcrumbs which I will be smuggling off island in 2 years.

I miss hamburgers and fast food and restaurants and pickles and meat (without trichinella) and McDonald’s dipping sauce and wow, lots of things.

No comments: