Saturday, July 26, 2008

2008 edition of getting to know your friends

My very good friend, Terah (and keeper of the horses), sends me those silly chain emails about yourself. Since I have nothing better to do (besdides study) I thought I’d post one. She sent this a month ago and it’s been sitting in my drafts box waiting to go back to her:

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:30 am, dang cat!

2. Diamonds or pearls? Tiffany & Co or Mikimoto, depends on the function (click Tiffany link to see my engagement ring-- all I need is the man of my dreams to buy it!)

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? wow I don't know. That was over a year ago.

4. What is your favorite TV show? House, but Law & Order comes on more often

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? mangos (‘tis the season)

6. What is your middle name? Amalie

7. What food do you dislike? Liver, egags!

8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? none (I don't even think I one with music on it that I didn't make myself.)

9. What time is it right now? 3:57pm EST July 7... 9:08pm EST July 26

10. Favorite sandwich? Pastrami from A&M's deli.

11. What characteristic do you dislike in people? liars

12. Favorite item of clothing? pj's

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Mediterranean

14. Where would you retire to? I have no idea

15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? 16th-- I got a car!

16. Furthest place you are sending this? Texas

17. Person you expect to send it back first? either Eric, who are both hooked on my blog

18. When is your birthday? August 23, I’ll be 26. (Terah said her’s is Groundhog’s Day—have to remember that!)

19. Morning person or a night person? Night owl for sure!

20. Pets? Oh god.

21. Exciting news? Ross built a fence to keep our cars from rolling out of the parking lot into the Caribbean Sea!

22. What did you want to be when you were little? A veterinarian.

23. How are you today? Super

24. What is your favorite flower? Stargazer lilies

25. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Sometime in Aug 2010 when I graduate.

26. What are you listening to right now? Strauss- Blue Danube

27. What was the last thing you ate? Chicken Tortilla ‘de Soup

28. Do you wish on stars? Yes!

29. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Strawberry Red

30. How is the weather right now? Raining

31. Last person you spoke to on the phone? A friend asking me if I wanted a ride to campus, and thus, I’m on campus. (My car is wet.)

32. Favorite soft drink? Cherry-Vanilla Dr Pepper, Cherry Coke, A&W Rootbeer

33. Favorite restaurant? Café Eccel in College Station, TX

34. Hair color? Naturally-light brown, but it’s bleached blonde with the sun down here. If I dye it- red!

35. What was your favorite toy as a child? Baby Doll (who I think is 44 yrs old now) and the Breyer horses I inherited from my older sister

36. Summer or winter?

37. Chocolate or Vanilla?

38. Coffee or Tea? But I’m getting slowly hooked on Godiva hazelnut coffee.

39. Do you want your friends to email you back? Of course!

40. What is your favorite color? Pastels, red, purple, or blue. I don’t like Orange

41. What is under your bed? My suitcase and the cat.

42. What did you do last night? Studied

43. What are you afraid of? Failing out of vet school

44. Salty or sweet? Sour

45. How many keys on your key ring? A lot: my apt, the laundry room, my car, lab, 3 spare keys to several of my friend’s apts, and a friend’s car (they have mine too, I’m good at locking myself out and our landlord is off island).

46. How many years at your current job? Vet school >1yr, the research project I acquired once I got here, <1yr

47. Favorite day of the week? Sunday because if I sleep all day Saturday then by Sunday I’m well rested enough to have fun and go to the beach! (or study)

48. Do you make friends easily? No.

49. How many people will you send this to? Back to Terah to let her know I’m sticking this on my blog

50. How many will respond? No idea, but I think it would be cool if you copy and pasted it with your name under 'Comment.'

51. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes! (esp the birthdays, because I can’t always keep them straight)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Neither….white gold or sterling silver
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Wall•E
4. What is your favorite TV show? Tough…toss up between NCIS, Stargate Atlantis, or Burn Notice (summer program of choice)
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Eggs during the year, cereal during the summer….makes a difference when you don’t always cook for yourself
6. What is your middle name? Lee
7. What food do you dislike? Olives, raw tomatoes
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? August Rush Soundtrack
9. What time is it right now? 11:01pm EST July 28
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey sub from Bo Diddley’s
11. What characteristic do you dislike in people? superstitions
12. Favorite item of clothing? Shorts and birkenstocks
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Italy
14. Where would you retire to? Can’t think that far ahead
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? nothing comes to mind
16. Furthest place you are sending this? The internet….who knows
17. Person you expect to send it back first?
18. When is your birthday? Jan 7
19. Morning person or a night person? Night owl
20. Pets? Cat…Thor
21. Exciting news? nope
22. What did you want to be when you were little? Police officer
23. How are you today? Tired, Mondays are rough
24. What is your favorite flower? None, I like to take pictures of all of them
25. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Dec 20, 2008…Christmas trip back to MN to see the fam
26. What are you listening to right now? Kaki King…..Ritual Dance (song)
27. What was the last thing you ate? Tuna noodle casserole
28. Do you wish on stars? Nope, not since I was young
29. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Forest Green
30. How is the weather right now? Hot, muggy
31. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Parent of a new freshmen with lots of questions
32. Favorite soft drink? Diet Dr Pepper
33. Favorite restaurant? Carrabba’s Italian Grill…but you have to sit at the bar
34. Hair color? What hair….lol….light brown, blonde in the summer
35. What was your favorite toy as a child? transformers
36. Summer or winter? Winter
37. Chocolate or Vanilla? depends
38. Coffee or Tea? tea
39. Do you want your friends to email you back? They don’t know it is here
40. What is your favorite color? Hunter green or navy blue…tough call
41. What is under your bed? Dust bunnies
42. What did you do last night? Chores, reading, movie
43. What are you afraid of? Lot’s of stuff
44. Salty or sweet? salty
45. How many keys on your key ring? 5 – car, master for the campus which doubles as house key, and 3 for my outdoor stuff (locks)
46. How many years at your current job? 2.5 years
47. Favorite day of the week? Saturday, the work week is done and you can relax without Monday looming in the distance.
48. Do you make friends easily? Depends
49. How many people will you send this to? None, posting on Karla’s blog
50. How many will respond? None
51. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Sure