Monday, July 7, 2008

Cable!

To ameliorate my gloom, I got CABLE! I’m so excited; I’ve never had cable before! There are 60 or so channels, and guess what?! There’s still nothing on!

Actually, there are lots of movies. I watched E.T. over the weekend.

So how did I get cable? Gary (my landlord) arrived for a surprise visit. As we chatted, I showed him the guinea piglets and how big the puppy had grown. The next day I asked him about cable. He was shocked. Apparently not only am I the only one without cable in the building, but he thought I’ve had it since I moved in!

Now all I need to do is get my eyes done so I can watch the darn thing. Oh, and back to studying...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did something happen to your glasses? Not sure why you aren't able to see what's on the television.

E

Karla Turbyfill said...

I just can't see thru them and the contacts are killing me. I can only see about 3 ft well.

Anonymous said...

Anything I can do to help you get a decent pair of glasses or contacts? It's not good to be without vision, especially when you're trying to go to school.

E

Karla Turbyfill said...

I need to get my eyes fixed when I get back over winter break. I can't even see to enjoy snorkeling. I'm such a wus, I'm not as blind as a bat like Mom, but it's just bad enough to be annoying.