Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy 57th Birthday MOM!

Mom has aged yet again! How exciting! (LOL, but she probably doesn't think so.)

For a vacation this year, she's decided to come visit me! (And bring goodies!) I have a 2+ week break in August starting the 14th going to the 31st.

She's confirmed to leave from DFW at 6 a.m. on August 20, Wednesday (Flight 2175) with a 40 minute layover in Miami arriving in St. Kitts (SKB) at 1:50 p.m

She will be leaving SKB on Wednesday, August 27 at 2:55 p.m. with a 3 hr layover in Miami getting back to DFW at 11:30 p.m.

I've decided that the easiest way to wear her out is to hike the volcano! We also plan on going to Nevis for a day, maybe SCUBA dive a wreck another day. It should be interesting.

Yesterday I heard a strange sound, like a chirp, or an injured Guinea Pig. Since the dogs looked like they were up to no good, I panicked and and ran to save my poor little pig! (Remember, they run loose in and out of the house with the dogs.)

When I checked, the pigs were fine, happily munching the weeds in my garden. Rudder was sleeping, but Salty was at the gate whining. I looked and didn't see anything-- she usually barks and snarls at Kittitians, and whimpers at cats. Then something moved! It was a monkey not 3 feet from my car!

This is the best pict I got before it ran off, but how cool?! A huge monkey on the other side of the street fom my apt! It's like one of those Priceless commercials: $150,000 for vet school tuition, $550 for an apartment close to campus, $1000 for an old beat up car, seeing a Green Vervet Monkey outside your apartment next to your car while in vet school-- PRICELESS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karla. I just now saw this. Isn't advertising your mother's age great!

Love you too.
Can't wait to see you.

Karla Turbyfill said...

I think it's super great! It takes a really long time to get that old!

(Dad is going to be 60 in 7 months if it makes you feel any better.)