Sunday, December 14, 2008

Grades?!

Packing, as expected, was a disaster. I somehow lost everything I needed to bring. All of my clothes were dirty. My grades were not posted. And my SIM card was MIA.

I'm not quite sure which was more important-- knowing my grades or finding my SIM card. Rest assured I was hysterically searching for my SIM card. I found it finally in my wallet wrapped in a small piece of cloth. I was near tears by that point.

Jossie left island the day before, so I had no internet, something we hadn't considered upon entering our little arrangement. I frantically asked a friend to check, which he did, about 30 times.

There's a policy here that says you can't get your grades (unless you fail out of school) unless you fill out a stupid end of year essay format survey about the classes you took (fresh while their torments are on the mind). The survey was not sent to me. If I had kept my big mouth shut, which knowing me is near impossible, I probably would have gotten my grades on time, but instead, I emailed them to inform them I did not receive the survey.

They responded by sending the survey Tuesday night, right before my Small Animal Medicine final. Super, I thought, knowing full well I'd never have time to complete this in the 2 days left of school... and I was NOT going to eat into my beach time by filling out stupid surveys.

Thus, Saturday came, and no grades. I didn't get a nasty dismissal letter informing me that I failed either though. Not knowing is quite concerning, especially when at the airport with 700 of your peers all congratulating each other on their successes into the next semester. I could have no such joys, but instead I'm sure I furrowed my brow when I replied to them "I do not know."

When I arrived in Dallas, I again checked my grades, this time for myself with my mother's wireless internet connection (which is fabulously fast). Still no grades, so I sent a few key people an email: My grades are not posted. I can only assume it is because of the survey mishap. I want my grades please.

This methodology ended successfully and I achieved my goal of a 3.0 or better GPA, thus I am able to be paid next semester for the research stuff I try to do! Yeah! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU DID GOOD!!!
Dad