Monday, September 17, 2007

Constitution Day

I've become addicted to the car. It started sputtering last week when I drove it off campus. I went to the petrol station and put $50EC in. What do ya know, it stopped sputtering. I've driven 40 miles on 1/4 of a tank thus far, and today the car rolled over to 150,000 miles. I was going to take a picture, but my camera was at home.

My hot water still isn't working. Maybe soon. Internet has been patchy too. Today and tomorrow are "Double Bubble" where you get 2x the amount you put on your phone. I also got burglar bars on my door. Otherwise, things have been pretty uneventful.

I mentioned that I got fish right? I have a highlighter neon pink zebra fish! I got 7 koi too. 3 are yellow butterfly koi. There are 4 standard koi: 1 yellow with black spots, 2 orange with black spots, and 1 orange-yellow with iridescent scales on its back. They have finally gotten friendly and get really excited when I come home-- more excited to see me than the dog. I cleaned their tank out today so it's all nice. hgjhg

Today apparently is Constitution Day in the USA. I got this email: "Federal law requires all educational institutions participating in federal funds to educate students about the United States Constitution every September 17. Why September 17? That is the date on which the founding fathers who wrote the Constitution signed it and sent it on to the states for ratification." Wednesday is St.Kitts-Nevis Independence Day. The whole island is supposed to completely shut down and turn into one giant party. Should be interesting.

Oh and driving home today I found a kong dog toy. I stopped, picked it up, took it home, cleaned it, stuffed it with a dog treat, and Salty loves it.

No comments: