Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Exams have begun

Looking at the schedule, we pretty much have an exam every other day for the rest of the semester... starting 3 days ago. Just got out of one. Tired.

Good news is that my landlord finally gave in and hired a different electrician so we'd have hot water!!! So I have hot water!!! It's warm! I don't think it's possible to get hot hot water, but at least I can get the soap out of my hair now. It doesn't make it all the way to the kitchen, so I still have to boil water to clean my dishes and sponges. Oh well.

The bookstore finally got the shipment of books in that was due last month. I bought a horse anatomy book. It has nice pictures.

Over the weekend I dug up of the two 3'x6' strips in front of my house. I put plastic on them to kill the weeks I missed. I plan to make a garden... but I'm not so good with plants.

Fun and excitiong news: I got my unibrow waxed after class today! It's now divided in two and markedly thinner so I no longer look like a squasch.

Fun and exciting news: I got my unibrow waxed after class today! It's now divided in two and markedly thinner so I no longer look like a sasquatch. I had gone to the Marriott in search of waxing and they wanted to charge a whopping $18US, so I said “uh, no.” So they suggested another place (since I’m now a local so to speak). That place was super (my definition of super is no line and cheap). My 5 minutes of waxing cost $15EC (~$5.50US), which I think is comparable to the place I used to get my pigs and paws painted in the states. I gave her a $10EC tip ($2.70US).

No comments: