Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Plume of Smoke

I do not think it is possible to smell any worse than I did after gross anatomy today. Last week we separated the ass's ass. Today we cut that ass in half. I can assure you it smells like ass.

I have lost all shame and have started to change with the 90 other ladies in my class... wait, there might be five guys... all gay or married. We have all lost our shame; never smelled worse. I can't even wash the smell out of my hair.

Next I stepped out of the anatomy lab and walked up the endless stairs to my next class. I look out at the water, like I do every day. I look left toward Nevis. Such a stunning view. I look out at the Caribbean Sea. Flat as glass. I look right toward my apartment. I see a huge billowing plume of smoke coming from what seems to be my apartment. Great.

I call landlord. No answer. I call landlord again. No answer. Now repeat this about ten more times and imagine my anxiety level at this point. Factor in that my car, which could very well be prone to spontaneously combust, was not in fact located at my apartment, but happily parked on campus.

So now the question is, am I over reacting? Probably. Or could my cinder block house possibly be on fire with 4 dogs and 2 cats trapped inside? That sounds more like my luck.

Did I mention that my landlord does not have the keys to anyone’s apartment? Oh and my front door is padlocked… just in case.

Another girl that lives in my apartment house is in my class. I find her and show her the gargantuan plume of dark smoke that does not smell like the typical sugar cane fires. She is concerned. We run to the guardhouse and tell security. She is not concerned enough to go home to see if her dog has become a hot dog. I am so I hop in the jeep and security takes me the 3 minutes to my house.

The good news is that I know exactly where I live. The bad news is that I had an electrical fire last week. Hm, might need to get that fixed. Landlord knows. Sigh.

But really, there was a huge fire across the street from my house. Man made. Security took me back to class. I wasn’t late, but I have no idea how I wasn’t!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did U get UR timimg belt fixed

Karla Turbyfill said...

Yes dad, the timing belt is fixed. Stop worrying.