Monday, September 3, 2007

Second Semester Starts

I'm sunburnt. Bad. Spent too much time at the beach yesterday. Went to bed early last night (11pm) and now up (5am). School doesn't start til 9am, so I have some time. I feel like I'm on the other side of the world. My old apt faced east and my bedroom was completely illuminated not a moment after 5:15am. Now being 5:30am in my new apartment that faces west, the light doesn't seem to want to filter in even as of yet.

I know of three people that I won't see in class today. Not sure about how many others. One brought her kid to our afternoon lectures, so I hate to say that I will not miss it running around screaming at all. The two others were really nice guys. Academically, they had a rough time last semester. I've heard that dozens of the previous semester will be joining us to repeat 2nd semester.

Ah here comes the sunlight. I think I'm going to have some tea and go to school in a little bit to feed the fish and buy books.

Schoo was great. Have class from 9am to 2pm WITH an hour break for lunch AT lunch time! Tthe rest of the week looks like hell though. We have gained litterally 20 students from the semester before (they failed), so there are 90 people in our class now. When we started last semester there were 86 and we got down to 70 something. Last semester my alpha number was 78, and now it's 84. Too many people, and there were some really great people in our semester that didn't make it to this one. They will be missed.

Walking home I was amused to see (this is an only on St Kitts) a little girl swinging with the end of a downed power line supervised by her mother and her older sister. What do you really say to that? I mean, really?! Now I know why we have so many power outages... ZAP!

Still no hot water, although the guy came out to try (he's been trying for 2 weeks). I made him banana nut bread cookies to coax him over today. He's not so reliable in the showing up part of the job... SO my landlord (who would also appreciate hot water) gave me his number and I've sent him harassing text messages. Hehehe. His name is Spoose; never heard that one before.

I also made (FROM SCRATCH) cheese sticks! They need more spice. I think next time I'll use string cheese instead of motzerella squares. Island breadcrumbs are to die for though. This is like the all inclusive boarding school, $10K/semester in tuition gets you a vet degree and teaches bright, attractive young women how to cook fairly decently (or starve). Either way, we look good in a bikini!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got a sunburn on the same day that Felix the Cat 5 Hurricane passed south of you. Hmmmm

Karla Turbyfill said...

Did you know I knew Felix was coming without watching the weather? I got really sick (headache) on Tues/Wed then it rained some Thurs/Fri. Wonder if I could sell this skill to the weather channel...

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.