Sunday, August 12, 2007

Beach Car

Ok all you 66 dirty minded people that visited my blog yesterday, I need to implement a new rule that if you're from someplace cool (ie not St. Kitts or TX) then you need to say who you are and where you're from.

That said, I saw the cheap car today and it drove well! It's a '91 grayish Nissan Sentra with 130,000mi. I was surprised to find that it indeed had 4 windows and doors! The wheel tax is paid thru Feb 2008. It also has 3 new tires, new joint caps things, new brakes, AND starts on 1st try.

The bad news is the alignment or something is off and wearing on the front tires bad. It will need 2 new front tires soon at $80EC each (installed)... $30US each. Any idea on what to do with the alignment problemo? Power steering might be going out too. Needs new window roller on left side and trunk can't open, BUT you can get to trunk thru back seat.

Car comes fully loaded with sand and that old island car smell. She asked what my max would be, and I told her $750US was my max budget (which is true). I think she said she'd take it and it could be mine free and clear. She said she had about $1000US in repairs in it so far and will go find out how much fixing the alignment will cost. I hate that she would be losing the money she put in the car to fix it, but I also worry it might be a money pit. (Apparently the 7th semester that gave it to her was inclined to excessive drinking, so the car definitely has a lot of character.)

I have not see the other car that is $1500US which I hear is in good shape. There will be no guarantee to get someone to go in on it with me to reduce the cost.

Remember the ONLY reason I was thinking of getting a car was to get to Gong Beach (heavenly music) with Rudder and maybe Salty. The buses and taxis said they wouldn't let a dog in their van, but they do drop you off at the airport of $1EC extra.

No comments: