Thursday, August 16, 2007

Before the Storm

Ross evacuated the med school campus on Dominica. St Kitts is further north, so we will stay. The TS#4 that turned into TS Dean is now Hurricane Dean. The wind here has picked up significantly. Imagine picts of coconut trees in hurricanes without the rain and clouds.

I will tell you more in a min, but right now gots to run down the street and secure an apt.

More fun. Ross closed our school and canceled exams for tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't have an exam tomorrow, so this does not affect me. It's so neat though! Ross is all hunkered down. I feel like I'm in one of those nature documentary movies. I've also become an expert at the bus system... but I'm the only white girl on the buses, so I get some strange looks... from locals and classmates alike.

I forgot to mention yesterday, when taking my Physio exam, and we all know I'm crazy, I started hearing things. Sounded like someone was trying to get in or trying to bounce a ball on the wall. It's bugging me, but I try to concentrate. As the minutes ticked noise was all around me and above me. So delusions set in and I ask the proctor if she could hear the noise, which she couldn't and I got the 'you a crazy girl' look and was moved to a different room. When I turned in my exam, she said with a big smile on her face, "You're not crazy, and they aren't rats." I look confused and she continues excitedly, "They're crabs!" Only on St. Kitts would giant land crabs invade the rafters of a building. Now that i know this, the SGA president said that from time to time they fall thru the roof when you're studying too. What fun!

Something else happened yesterday... no today, this morning! I saw another ghost. So I stayed at a friends house so that we could study together. I woke up quite early with an everly increasing pineal gland. I had my hot tea, etc etc, was studying. Her roommate came out to the living room and I scared him, then he left for school. She woke up and came out to the living room. We were talking and I turned to go to the bathroom to pee, and I swear I saw a person in black pants walk into her room. She sighed and said she sees him too sometimes. I thought great, just what I need to start an exam with in the morning.

The first official ghost I saw was back in Jan/Feb at my dad's house. Her name is Edna, the late wife of Jean who my dad bought the house from. She was whitish light or cloud and came in the front door of his apartment, checked on me (which scared the you-know-what out of me) and then went into the shower. The shower turned on for a while and then turned off. I was creeped.

Oh went to the movies tonight too and saw Harry Potter. I don't know if I've mentioned the theatre here, but the bottom is infested with rats and the floor and walls peal and it looks haunted. It is an experience and next time I'll smuggle my camera in to show ya'll.

Then went to Hurricane Party at Ziggy's on the beach. Had 2 pina coladas (so good) and then ate a ton of hot wings (craving). And now it's ~3am, very windy, with a very choppy sea. Seems like storm has hit then it doesn't. Is coming in waves or the arms of the storm maybe.

No comments: